Jealousy is as common as the air we breathe. Everyone ever born has had jealous thoughts at some point in their life. Jealously is a normal reaction to certain situations but one must learn to immediately recognize and take control or it will manifest to exhaustive levels. Jealousy is not a modern day social disease. It is common among family, friends, and the work place. It is one of the oldest sins known to mankind. Bible stories i.e., Cain killing Able, Saul trying to kill David, are due to jealousy.
What is jealousy? A series of negative misunderstood thoughts, causing emotional pain, depression, health issues, and a sinful life. One person described jealousy as one carrying a 50 pound bag of sand around your neck.
How to deal with and rise above this dreadful disease:
- Devote time to prayer, let your Father know exactly how you feel.
- Seek out a trusted friend for support.
- Remind yourself with positive thoughts and your unique characteristics.
- Do not allow your self esteem to diminish.
- Learn from this experience and let “it” go.
- Recognize, admit, and repent from your jealous thoughts.
- Scripture reading—Philippians 4:13 and Isaiah 40:31.
Blessing to you……..